The holidays are a hectic time for everyone, regardless of how prepared they seem to be. Something always pops up, whether it be an uninvited guest or last-minute celebration. If you are hosting guests this year, take comfort in knowing that your guests will have fun and will appreciate your efforts. Take some time now to consider ways to make your guests more comfortable and you more relaxed. Here are some clever ways to do just that:
- Experience your home the way your guests would. Spend some quiet time in each room and reflect on what your impression would be if you were the guest. You may just discover untapped potential in your home, or you may find needed repairs that you may not have noticed before.
- Check on any dietary restrictions ahead of time. Consider ordering a few options for vegetarians and others with food allergies when designing your menu.
- Stock up on disposable ear buds and other amenities now, before stores become too crowded and hectic.
- Buy a few different types of pillows; give your guests the option of firm or soft to make them feel comfortable.
- Gather any magazines or reading materials that you might have, and put them in a basket in your guest room. Providing your guests with reading material is not only thoughtful, it gives them something to do if they can’t fall asleep.
- Raid thrift stores for board games and movies.
You don’t have to spend a lot of money to provide your guests with entertainment!